Director of Biostatistics
We are currently seeking a Director of Biostatistics to be part of our multi-disciplinary Evidence Synthesis Research Team to provide statistical expertise and methodological guidance at all stages of projects from planning to communication.
The successful candidate will play an important role in supporting our well established Canadian and global health economic and market access services for pharmaceutical and medical device products.
Cornerstone Research Group is a fast-growing, internationally-recognized, 40-person consulting company located in Burlington, Ontario. Our focus is on identifying, demonstrating, and communicating the value of pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device products for companies in Canada, the US, and Europe. We offer innovative health economic, outcomes, and data analytics services along with multimedia communication platforms. We pride ourselves on high-quality work that has been published in a wide range of peer-reviewed journals. Our reputation is for strategic thinking that results in high-quality research that meets the needs of our clients and health technology assessment agencies.
Cornerstone has experienced consistent year over year growth due to its focus on superior customer service, great research and clear communication of product value, while maintaining an enjoyable work environment that fosters teamwork and career development. This position will provide the candidates with an opportunity to grow within a company that is an established leader in the consulting industry.
We have an opening for a Director of Biostatistics to lead studies related to clinical trial analysis, matching adjusted indirect comparisons, multivariate regression analysis, propensity score analyses, network meta-analysis, survival analysis, trial simulation, and real-world data analysis. You will be part of a growing team of statisticians, epidemiologists and analysts.
- Minimum of MSc in Biostatistics, Statistics, or Epidemiology
- Practical experience (> 10 years post graduate degree) in the application of statistics for clinical data analysis within a life sciences research or consulting company.
- Strong basis in fundamental statistical concepts and methods and with techniques such as the development of multivariate analysis, survival analysis (including parametric methods), longitudinal data analysis, and other hierarchical analysis techniques, etc.
- Strong statistical programming skills with standard software, including R, WinBUGS/OpenBUGS, SAS, and/or STATA.
- Deep understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to communicate effectively (spoken and written), in non-technical terms, with project team members and clients.
- Work well in a team as well as independently, and ability to take a leadership role with regard to methodological elements in projects.
Duties and Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be part of multi-disciplinary research teams to provide statistical expertise and methodological leadership at all stages of projects from planning to communication.
- Support the Evidence Synthesis (ES) Team Leader, and provide leadership to the ES team
- Overseeing statisticians and/or overseeing their work in the context of projects.
- Developing statistical analysis plans and conducting programming and data quality checks to generate and report the effects of medical products through the analysis of healthcare data
- Perform scientifically rigorous analyses using patient-level data from clinical trials and real-world data sources, and published aggregate data
- Prepare analytical files and manage research datasets, write and execute on statistical analysis plans and ensure high-level technical, scientific and methodological expertise in statistics, and/or epidemiology
- Establish and maintain statistical/database programming standards of excellence for studies that are intended for business insight generation, external publication, and communication
- Advise on appropriate statistical and programming approaches to answer key research questions, contributing to the development of statistical analysis plan, reports, abstracts, and manuscripts
- Report development, interpretation, and dissemination of findings.
- Participating in meetings with clients to lead discussions around statistical methods and to present results from analyses.
Duties – Client-related
- Foster strong business relationships vital to the success of the project and the acquisition of future projects
- Seek feedback regarding client satisfaction
- Help to identify and communicate opportunities for future collaborations
Duties – Company-related
- Seek and build new business capabilities
- Promote a positive and energetic work environment through effective communication, strong work ethic, and professional conduct
- Provide mentorship and training to colleagues
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
- Participate in the identification, development, and communication of company standard operating procedures
- Training of other members of staff within the department in statistical methods and programming techniques.
- We encourage work-life balance, ongoing learning, and a friendly work environment
- We offer flexible work hours.
- We seek to meet our work expectations during regular work hours however weekend and evening work is occasionally required to meet project deadlines
- Compensation is competitive and includes a generous bonus program, RRSP program, health benefits, minimum three weeks of vacation, paid December shut-down, free lunch program and discounted gym memberships
- We conduct frequent team learning opportunities and support lifelong learning.
Please forward your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please note the title of the position for which you are applying in the subject of the email.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. All other resumes will be kept on file for six months in the event that new positions become available.