A Skype for Business Test Meeting has been set up to ensure participants meet the requirements to join an online meeting.
Skype for Business Desktop App Test Meeting:
- Click on the following URL (Join Skype Meeting)
- If prompted, select “Join with Skype for Business (desktop)”
- The Skype for Business desktop app will open the meeting in a new window
- Click “Use Skype for Business (full audio and video experience)” if joining audio via computer
- Click “Don’t join audio” if joining by phone
- At this point your computer should have joined the meeting. If successful, you will see a small timer (e.g. 0:25) counting in the upper-right corner of the meeting
- Your computer is ready. Please click the red “Hang Up” button to disconnect
Skype for Business Web Application Test Meeting:
- Click on the following URL (Try Skype Web App)
- Download and install the Skype for Business Web App plug-in
- Enter your Office 365 username/email address and password
- Enter your name (e.g. Jane Doe) as a Guest to the meeting if you do not have an Office 365 username/email
- Click “Join the Meeting”
- If successful, you will see a small timer (e.g. 0:25) counting in the upper-left corner of the meeting
- Your computer is ready. Please click the red “Exit Meeting” button to disconnect
Note: This will test to ensure your browser is compatible with the Skype for Business Web App only
Common problems and solutions
Audio feedback: Mute the computer microphone by clicking on the microphone icon in the meeting space so that you’re only using the phone for audio.
Speaker volume is too low: click on the call controls icon in the meeting space to adjust the volume sliders for the speakers.